Grounded: A Fierce, Feminine Guide to Connecting with the Soil and Healing from the Ground UpRegular price $23.00 Save $-23.00
Taking our food system back is an act of revolution. Restoring the feminine is an act of sacred responsibility. Returning to the cycles of nature is an act of love. Grounding into the soil is an act of hope.
The soil, the fertile ground beneath us, holds the key to the future of our planet and our species―yet few people are aware of the critical role soil health plays in reversing climate change. With Grounded, Dr. Erin Yu Juin McMorrow takes us on a journey to explore the sacred interconnectedness between our soil and ourselves, seamlessly weaving the science of our broken carbon cycle and the oppression of the divine feminine into a powerful tapestry of hope and resilience.
McMorrow is the voice of a generation that carries the future of our planet on their shoulders. “There’s no other group of people to pass this on to,” she writes. “If we want to create a world that we can keep living in, it’s time, and it’s us.” In Grounded, McMorrow guides us through the inner and outer work needed to restore the divine feminine and save our planet. Highlights include:
- The “brass tacks” of climate change―how everything from biodiversity loss to ocean acidification has roots in the killing of the microscopic life in our soil
- The fertile soil is feminine―and the destruction of our earth and the feminine go hand in hand
- Sex, birth, life, and death―how our natural cycles parallel the sacred cycles of nature
- How to create truly regenerative systems that celebrate the natural world’s infinite diversity, resilience, and abundance
- Practices to help you start making a difference right now―from personal reflections and meditations to seed saving and composting
- Finding hope in the sacred nature of this work―when we do our part, just as with all of nature, spirit fills in the rest
- Becoming grounded―root within to remember that you are of the earth, awaken your divine power, and expand in the world
Grounded is both a clarion call and a revolutionary guide for restoring the sacred cycles that sustain all life. “With every step we take toward a more regenerative and abundant future,” McMorrow writes, “we engage in the important work of saving our soil―and our souls.”