09-27-2020 - Apple Magic: Working With the Star-Tree of the Thinning Veil
What is Apple Magic? Join us in learning how to work with the ancient magic of this powerful and humble summer-to-autumn ally, the apple.
Have you felt the inextricable link between the potent harvest of sweet, crisp, life-giving apple and the growing darkening of the winter months ahead? In this class we will explore the magic, myth and medicine of this tree, both wild and cultivated. We are throwing it all into the pot to simmer: folklore, medicinal uses of apple, divinatory practices, and recipes.
The star-tree of the Fairy realm, the offering-tree of Ancestors, the rooted-tree of the Otherworld. The one who marks time, epitome of Autumn, in the apple orchard, with the quickening current of the season rising up from the earth below and into the fruit itself. Hearts will be full with deep seasonal enchantment by the end of the workshop.
*This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.*
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Migliorelli belongs to a lineage of spinsters, hedge witches, bee maidens, apple romancers and herb cunning-folk. She is a herbalist, animist and educator. She lives on unceded Lenape territory (also known as the Hudson River Valley in New York), at the foot of the Catskill Mountains. Liz weaves together and facilitates classes on plant medicine, ancestral remembrance, earth rhythms, folk magic, hearth culture, poetry and social justice movements. You can learn more about her work at www.sisterspinster.net