10-24-2020 - Tarot 201: Deepening Your Tarot Understanding - 2 WEEK SERIES
In this two-week intermediate level class, we will expand our Tarot practice, exploring more complicated spreads for reading the cards. We will also focus on recognizing tarot themes and archetypes at play in everyday life, patterns and relationships within the deck, and ethics of Tarot reading, as well as examine trends in contemporary Tarot design and how such changes are shaping the way we think about reading.
You are not required to take Tarot 101 prior to this workshop, though we highly recommend it.
This is a 2 part workshop, held on Oct 24th & 31st, 11am - 1pm PST
TO BRING WITH YOU: You will need a blank journal for notes and exercises and any standard tarot deck (such as a Rider Waite Smith style or Marseille style). It is also encouraged to select a contemporary or non-standard Tarot deck to bring into your growing practice.
Decks we love, available through Seagrape Apothecary:
- The Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot
- Albano-Waite Tarot
- Wanderer's Tarot
- Inversion Tarot
- Many Queens Tarot
- The Sasuraibito Tarot
- This Might Hurt Tarot
- The Modern Witch Tarot
*This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available.*
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the instructor:
Coleman Stevenson is the author of Breakfast, The Accidental Rarefication of Pattern #5609, The Dark Exact Tarot Guide, and a book of essays accompanying the card game Metaphysik. A new collection of poems, Light Sleeper, is forthcoming in Summer 2020 from Deep Overstock. Her writing has appeared in a variety of publications such as Seattle Review, Mid-American Review, Louisiana Literature, tarot.com, and the anthology Motionless from the Iron Bridge. In addition to her work as a designer of tarot and oracle decks through her company The Dark Exact, her fine art work, exhibited in galleries around the Pacific Northwest, focuses on the intersections between image and text. She has been a guest curator for various gallery spaces in the Portland, Oregon, area, and has taught poetry, design theory, and cultural studies at a number of different institutions there, most currently for the Literary Arts Delve series, which includes seminars at the Portland Art Museum.