10-03-2020 - Tarot 101: Introduction to Tarot Reading - 3 WEEK SERIES
This three-week class will provide a foundation in reading cards for self-exploration. We will cover reading basics such as how Tarot can be useful in your life, how to select and “claim” a deck of cards, and how to perform simple readings for yourself. Our approach to learning card meanings will be through categories, correspondences, and storytelling rather than memorization, so if you’ve been wanting to learn how to read but thought it seemed impossible to remember every card, this class is for you! Join us in learning the foundational principles of intuitive divination through tarot. No experience with Tarot is necessary.
This is a 3 part workshop!
Mark your calendars for Oct 3rd, 10th, and 17th, 11am - 1pm PST
TO BRING WITH YOU: You will need a blank journal for notes and exercises and a Tarot deck. It will be easiest if we all are working with similar imagery, so I suggest a Rider Waite Smith style deck, of which there are MANY different examples.
A helpful list of suggested decks is linked here.
The Melanated Classic Tarot / found here
A few more decks we love are available through Seagrape Apothecary.
Part of learning to read is finding a deck you connect with, so consider it your pre-class assignment to explore various options and select one that speaks to you visually.
*This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available.*
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the instructor:
Coleman Stevenson is the author of Breakfast, The Accidental Rarefication of Pattern #5609, The Dark Exact Tarot Guide, and a book of essays accompanying the card game Metaphysik. A new collection of poems, Light Sleeper, is forthcoming in Summer 2020 from Deep Overstock. Her writing has appeared in a variety of publications such as Seattle Review, Mid-American Review, Louisiana Literature, tarot.com, and the anthology Motionless from the Iron Bridge. In addition to her work as a designer of tarot and oracle decks through her company The Dark Exact, her fine art work, exhibited in galleries around the Pacific Northwest, focuses on the intersections between image and text. She has been a guest curator for various gallery spaces in the Portland, Oregon, area, and has taught poetry, design theory, and cultural studies at a number of different institutions there, most currently for the Literary Arts Delve series, which includes seminars at the Portland Art Museum.