09-25-2020 - Introduction to Tea Leaf Reading
Tea leaf reading isn't just a plot twist from Harry Potter- its a long used, time-honored method of powerful divination. In this 2 hour workshop, you will learn about the history of Tasseomancy (tea leaf reading), what the process of reading leaves entails, and how to use your intuition to spot different symbols - and how to successfully interpret them, too. We will close with an opportunity for you to read your own tea leaves and practice with your peers. Includes a symbology and interpretation cheat sheet you can take home.
Participants who register by Saturday September 5th within the US will receive a special tea sampler packet in the mail! Please make sure the mailing address you regester with is correct, we can not provide replacements for lost shipments.
PLEASE HAVE WITH YOU:
- Teacup and saucer. Teacup must be white or light-colored on the inside and will preferably have more of a bowl shape.
- Loose leaf tea. A cut-leaf tea like English breakfast or a honeybush or rooibos work best.
- A way to boil water.
- Your intuition!
TO DO PRIOR TO WORKSHOP:
- Get to know your tea! Practice savoring your tea as a mindfulness practice to help you land in your body, in the present moment.
- Look at the tea carefully and notice everything you can about its appearance.
- Smell it and notice all the aromas.
- Touch the cup to your lips and notice the warmth and texture.
- As you take the first sip, really taste it — all the flavors — from when it first touches your tongue until after you swallow it.
- Give yourself a moment to sink into a place of deep appreciation and enjoyment.
This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About your instructor:
Ciaran Keplinger is the Director of Content + Community for Plum Deluxe, a handcrafted tea company here in Portland but is also a tea leaf reader. They have been studying and practicing tea leaf reading for about three years now, and offer an exclusive reading every month to their tea club members.