09-20-2020 - Embodiment of the Tarot: Going Inwards With the Hermit
In the transition towards fall, we call to find our inner Crone in order to be with ourselves in the magic we hold within. To root in ourselves, and to find our pacing. Where is our deep seated joy? How may we hear our subtle landscapes? Join us for this workshop as we become acquainted with The Hermit- the sacred and wise one that resides within- and learn together how to further sink joyfully into the cave of our divine darkness.
This hour and a half workshop will begin with shared thoughts on Embodiment of the Tarot, moving towards somatic work in order to connect with our bodies, bringing forth magic and your personal connection with the Hermit card. This workshop, the second of our Embodiment of the Tarot series, is held to seek physical understanding of ourselves through the lens of The Hermit, the tarot card of this month, as well as this years card, the Emperor. We will explore space to embody their lessons personally and collectively.
Bring your journal and anything that will make you feel cozy and supported, including cushions, blankets and/or blocks, bolsters, or pillows. We will be holding physical shapes for spans of time and calling in play: make sure you have space to expand in -- on the floor, standing and/or sitting.
*Please note that this is part of a MONTHLY SERIES, held on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Click on each of the following workshops in the series for details or to register:
This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MJ Bzdak is a Portland-based white, queer disabled witch. She leads embodiment classes and priestexx rituals aimed at connection with self, magical beings, and the natural realm. She believes more than anything that the path to deconstructing the harmful lived patterns around us (racism, sexism, classism, ableism, patriarchy) must exist within ourselves as well as externally. learning to be in our bodies for all the feels and sit with ourselves through discomfort is life long work that supports community connection and care. She is not an expert; just another flawed magical being in a body learning how to deeply show up with the time that she has on this plane.