09-19-2020 - Pelvic Steaming & Herbal Blends for Health & Magic
What is a Pelvic Steam? For those new to the concept, our instructor Andrea Thompson likes to say "it's just like making a cuppa tea, but one for your vagina." Join us as we gather in community to learn the foundational principles of how to create magical and healing pelvic steams. Andrea will discuss the history of this beautiful and ancient practice, as well as walk through options for your at-home setup. We will learn what herbs are beneficial for specific conditions, and find out why and how to effectively and safely steam. A demo will be offered, along with the option to join along or to participate during a replay.
Bring a pen, notebook, and all your steam-related questions!
PLEASE HAVE WITH YOU:
- Choose 3 -4 of the following herbs, either fresh or dried: rosemary, lavender, rose petals, sage, basil, oregano, yarrow, mugwort, calendula, raspberry leaf, lemon balm, red clover or cleavers.
- A large bowl and a few of the listed herbs (dry or fresh)
- *If steaming after the workshop* pillows, a large blanket, towels and water
* Please note that this is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Thompson is a native Oregonian, and has been practicing Massage Therapy in the Portland area for over 20 years, often busy teaching Menstrual Cycle Charting and Moon Cycle Awareness classes. She has been teaching people who bleed in how to chart their menstrual cycle on an individual basis since 2011 in conjunction with the Nurturing the Mother Fertility Massage ® she offers. In 2017, she began teaching group classes while in Tanzania to over 70 women. In her practice, she specializes in modalities that bring a deep sense of awareness to her clients' bodies while tapping into their inherent healing capabilities. For more information about what she does, check out www.andreatlmt.com