04-18-2021 - Air, Fire and Water: Jewish Elemental Gifts of our Ancestors
The directions and elements have long been used in Jewish spiritual practice and there are various systems and interpretations throughout the diaspora. In this gathering, we will together hone our intuition and honor the holy temple of our humxn earth bodies by exploring one Jewish elemental system.
Led by artist, educator and Hebrew priestess Rekebah Erev, this workshop will focus on the teachings of the Sefer Yetzirah, a mystical text that predates kabbalah and gives us potent magical practices using the Hebrew letters. Rebekah has been studying this text for years and is currently developing an oracle deck based on their studies and associations with plants and animals.
During this workshop, Rebekah will discuss their research regarding the “Mother Letters,” Alef, Mem and Shin with class participants. These are the letters associated with air, fire and water. There will also be discussion around why the element of earth is not included. This gathering will include a short guided meditation to integrate our learning together.
Please bring with you:
- a journal and pen
- a bowl of water
- a candle
- your breath
This is a LIVE digital event with a 1 week replay available to all registered participants. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- All workshops include live close captioning for the hard of hearing. Should you also require ASL interpretation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
About the instructor:
Rebekah Erev is an artist, teacher, kohenet/Hebrew priestess, feminist, queer, dream worker, and healer living with disabilities. They are of Ashkenazi and Celtic Isles ancestry, living on the occupied lands of the Squaxin, Chehalis, and Nisqually people in Olympia, WA. In 2014 they self published the Moon Angels/ Malakh Halevanah Oracle Deck. They are currently working in diaspora on Queer Mikveh Project, The School of Letters, and collaborating with their benevolent plant, animal and people ancestors. Learn more at: