11-14-2020 - Introduction to Palmistry: How-To & History
After a successful and sold out "Introduction to Palmistry" workshop, we're pleased to offer a second opportunity to join us with instructor Jezmina Von Thiele!
Some divinity practices are so readily available that they're already a part of you. In this Introduction to Palmistry workshop, you will learn the basics of palm reading, and a number of techniques to help you trust your intuition and flex your seeing abilities. We will briefly cover the origins of palmistry and how the persecution of Roma, also known by the racial slur "Gypsies," has shaped the culture's practice of and relationship to fortune telling. There are many ways to approach palmistry, and many books on the subject.
Jezmina will teach you her perspective on the practice passed down from her grandmother, who in turn learned it from her grandparents, and so on. Some Romani spiritual beliefs and customs are kept private within the community, whereas others are given permission to share with others. Jezmina will be sharing with us the treasures that her grandma told her she can with an open heart.
Please be sure to bring a pen, notebook, and all your Palmistry questions!
* This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.*
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jezmina Von Thiele is a Brooklyn-based fortune teller who reads tarot, tea leaves, and palms in her mother's Sinti-Romani tradition. She is an activist, educator, writer, and artist who loves to support the fight for Roma rights world-wide, and to share the diverse beauty of Romani culture. Find Jezmina on instagram here.