10-24-2021 - Hearth Witchery: Folk Magic for Autumn & Winter
It’s cozy season, magical ones! That means we’re spending a lot more time at home, the place where folk witches traditionally practiced their craft.
Hearth witchery is all about infusing magic into the everyday. It’s about turning ordinary chores into personal rituals, transforming our domestic lives with personal witchery, and turning our houses (and bodies) into homes. In this class, we will discuss the significance and history of the spiritual hearth, learn how to nurture its flame, and consider practical tips for infusing our homes with hearth witchery. We will discuss various types of home-based magic, from house cleansing and protection, to baking rituals and diy crafting.
Most of us spend at least half of our lives at home—so why not enchant it with as much magic as possible?
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- What is the spiritual hearth?
- History of hearth witchery and folk magic
- House protection and cleansing
- The magic of cooking, gardening and other domestic activities
- Making the home a sacred space
- A tealight or small candle
- A notebook
- pen/pencil to take notes
All participants will receive a specialized class PDF as well as a link to replay for 7 days of viewing!
This is a LIVE digital event with a 1 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- All workshops include live close captioning for the hard of hearing. Should you also require ASL interpretation, please email us at email@example.com.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the instructor:
Ariel Kusby is a writer and witch based in Portland, Oregon. She is the owner of Little Witchery, a magical community and apothecary for kids and adults, and the author of The Little Witch’s Book of Spells (Chronicle Books, August 2020), a grimoire for children 8 to 12 years old. She lives in an old house with an enchanted garden, where she practices practical, play-based witchery and folk herbalism. Find Ariel on instagram here.