10-11-2020 - Jewish Magic for Dreaming & Sleep
Jewish mystical teachings surrounding sleep and dreaming are vast and fascinating. From tekhines (Eastern European women and gender expansive prayers and supplications) to medieval dream interpretation, Jewish thought is diverse and mysterious when it comes to sleep. This workshop takes place just after the Jewish High Holidays when we begin our decent into the darker days of the year, inviting a time of deep unconscious exploration and ancestral connection. We will welcome this period of time by learning about Jewish perspective on dream interpretation and herbs for dreaming and sleep.
In the spirit of practical magic we will learn two prayers: as song and with embodied movement (with accommodations for different abilities). The first, to invoke the protection of angels before sleep. The other to say upon waking, welcoming our spirit back after our vulnerable sleep time.
- a journal
- a bowl of water
- a cup
This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Rebekah Erev is an artist, teacher, kohenet/Hebrew priestess, dream worker, healer and community organizer living with disabilities of Ashkenazi and Celtic Isles ancestry. They are grateful to live on the occupied lands of the Squaxin, Chehalis, and Nisqually in Olympia, WA. In 2014 they self published the Moon Angels/ Malakh Halevanah Oracle Deck. They are currently working in diaspora on Queer Mikveh Project, The School of Letters and collaborating with their benevolent plant, animal and people ancestors on The Golden Animal Oracle. www.RebekahErevStudio.com