10-02-2021 - Lenormand and Creative Cartomancy with Sara M. Lyons
Get to know the simple, straightforward art of Lenormand with Sara M. Lyons, artist, illustrator, and creator of the CUTE LITTLE LENORMAND deck and guidebook! In this light-hearted and easygoing workshop, Sara will introduce you to the basics of Lenormand. This traditional form of card reading has been around for centuries, and Sara makes it modern, fun, and inclusive.
In the first half of the workshop, you'll learn about Lenormand, the simple but potent symbolism of its 36 cards, and how to interpret 3-card vignettes and more complicated tableaux.
Then, in the second half of the class, you'll delve into the creative side of cartomancy by learning how to craft your very own unique deck! No previous Lenormand experience or artistic skill is required - all you need is a deck of traditional poker cards and your own creative magic. Together, we'll explore common archetypes, learn how to create and work with visual language, and develop a deeper understanding of magical symbolism.
- a journal or notebook
- a Lenormand deck if you have one
- plain deck of playing cards or blank flash cards
- art supplies + your creativity
- all your questions!
This is a LIVE digital event with a 1 week replay available to all registered participants. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- All workshops include live close captioning for the hard of hearing. Should you also require ASL interpretation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
About the instructor:
Sara M. Lyons is an artist and illustrator based in Southern California. She's the creator of CUTE LITTLE LENORMAND, a 36-card deck and guidebook that strives to make the art of Lenormand easy, fun, and inclusive.Find her work here: @saramlyons, shop.saramlyons.com