01-23-2021 - From Beeswax to Illumination: The Alchemy of the Honeybee
Did you know that 100% beeswax is the brightest, cleanest, and longest burning wax on Earth? In this live, digital workshop, participants will gain insight into a vast range of lore and magic of the honeybee, the full benefits of slow and clean burning beeswax candles, scientific facts of why beeswax candles uplift us on a molecular level, how beeswax is made and harvested, how to sustainably source honeybee byproducts, humankinds history of candle making and relationship with the bee, and why beeswax solved many problems of alternate waxes.
This 2 hour workshop is taught by traditional beeswax candle maker Alysia Mazzella, who will speak in depth on these topics while sharing photos to illustrate the knowledge discussed. Participants will leave feeling inspired by the functional purpose of 100% beeswax candles, the brilliance of the honeybees, and with reverence for the slow made nature of hand dipped candles. All registered participants will receive a replay of this live online workshop, good for 2 weeks of watching!
This class is for you if:
- You are curious about the history, magic & lore of the bees
- You want to know more about candle making
- Honey is something you revere or use and want to know more about
- Nature is a deep part of your magical practice and life
- You are seeking further understanding around sustainable practices
This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
What began as a self-taught meditative practice quickly became a passionate livelihood for Alysia Mazzella, who is a traditional beeswax candle maker. For her, this creative work centers in the honoring of sacred time––making and burning candles begs for presence in the current moment. With each candle she crafts, Alysia deepens her creative purpose of honoring the slow-made traditions of the old world, sustainably sourcing beeswax, and being a student of the brilliant honeybee.
Find Alysia on instagram here.