01-21-2021 - Witchery 101: Beginning Your Journey Into Witchcraft
Are you interested in witchcraft, but not sure where to start? Do you feel called to explore magic and mystery? Even though witches seem to be everywhere these days, it’s easy for a newbie to feel intimidated. In this introductory class, we will explore the basics of witchery in an accessible and welcoming manner, laying the groundwork for further magical practice and deeper exploration. In addition to covering witchcraft essentials like grounding, protection, and elemental magic, this class will also encourage each witch to follow their intuition to the unique magical path that feels right for them. All attendees will receive a spell to try at home during this workshop to begin your journey into the craft, as well as a link to the recorded workshop good for 2 weeks of viewing. Be sure to have a notebook on hand, and come with all your questions!
Get a copy of Ariel's new book The Little Witch's Book of Spells here!
Topics to be covered include:
- What is a witch?
- Magical tools
- Grounding, protection, and purification
- Casting and calling a circle
- How to work with the elements
This is a LIVE digital event with a 2 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 2 weeks sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Ariel Kusby is a writer and witch based in Portland, Oregon. She is the author of The Little Witch’s Book of Spells (Chronicle Books, August 2020), a magical handbook for children 8 to 12 years old. She lives in an old house with an enchanted garden, where she practices practical, play-based witchery and folk herbalism.