09-26-2021 - The Magic of Herbs: Transition Through The Seasons With Grace
Picture this: Summer is winding down, the leaves are just starting to turn, and nighttime bonfires are a blazing! Sounds like fall is just around the corner! Join Kendra, the Owner of The Herbal Scoop, and explore how to create a grounding herbal practice to help you transition from summer to fall with grace. No workshop is complete without getting your hands dirty! Kendra will guide you step by step in making a grounding herbal oxymel, a comforting spice blend, and a fall-centered herbal tea. Are you new to herbs? Great! Can't wait to have you. Do you have a long-standing herbal practice? Awesome! Pull up a chair. Everyone is welcome to have a seat at the table. Join together in community to learn the tools of how to build a seasonal herbal practice that will have you confidently stepping into your fall wellness.
MATERIALS + SUPPLIES:
We'll be making some herbal medicines, which consists of the following. We suggest having some of these herbs on hand :
OXYMEL (herbs can be fresh or dried):
- Apple cider vinegar
- local raw honey
- orange peel
- cinnamon sticks
TEA (all dried herbs):
- Gotu Kola
SPICE MIX (all dried herbs):
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES: (1) 16 oz jar with tight fitting lid, (1) 8oz jar with tight fitting lid, (1) 2 oz jar with tight fitting lid. Cutting board, Knife, Mixing bowls, Spoon, Measuring cups, Measuring spoons
This is a LIVE digital event with a 1 week replay available to all registered participants. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- All workshops include live close captioning for the hard of hearing. Should you also require ASL interpretation, please email us at email@example.com.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the instructor:
Kendra Payne is the owner of The Herbal Scoop, and has worked in the wellness industry for over 12 years and has been helping her students embrace the beauty of fall time and time again. As a native Ohioian, Kendra knows that fall is a season to be celebrated. Fresh picked apples, roasted veggies, and sweet potato everything is what Autumn is all about. Find Kendra on instagram here.