08-28-2021 - Grief Magic: Somatic Ritual for Trauma Repair
"Trauma, in some ways, is a resistance to grief. Genuine grieving is the opposite of trauma."- Gabor Maté
Letting ourselves feel grief goes against many of our earliest strategies for survival, and therefore it may feel all but impossible to do. If in our earliest experiences, our environment did not provide the kind of safety in which we could be held as we felt our feelings, we may have decided that, in order to survive this life, we had to banish our grief. In this gathering led by Fanny Priest AKA the Trauma Witch, we will learn to transform our relationship to grief - and in so doing, we begin to undo the binds that our earliest trauma has on our body and our life.
The workshop will include lecture, reflection, a short somatic practice & ritual, and a sharing time when you can receive witness and ask questions. The somatic practice & ritual will be very simple, involve minimal movement, and will include lots of options & invitational language. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
In this 2 hour workshop, you will learn:
- The connection between trauma & grief, and the role that grief plays in trauma repair
- How befriending grief helps us make space for more connection, pleasure, and joy in our lives
- A repeatable, embodied method for safely experiencing grief and letting it move through our bodies.
- Pen and paper or journal
- Any items to create a simple sacred space, such as candles, crystals, herbs or incense to burn, tarot cards, etc.
- A cozy space where you feel safe & will be unbothered (The practice can be done either sitting up or laying down.)
- A glass of plain water, for ritual purposes
- Something to eat & drink after the ritual
* Please note that this is a LIVE digital event with a 1 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Fanny Priest (she/her) is a trauma-informed yoga therapist, a yin yoga teacher, an embodiment & self-trust coach, and a reluctant expert on discomfort. She helps healers, feelers, queers, and creatives repair their trauma so they feel safe with their bodies, feelings, and needs. She is also a queer, polyamorous tarot witch; a Sagittarius sun, Cancer moon, Taurus rising; and a type 2 on the Enneagram. She believes that trauma and grief work are the necessary foundation to accessing the pleasure that is our birthright, and building a just and sustainable world for all bodies.
Find Fanny on instagram here.