06-05-2021 - Ukrainian Mythology & Magic: From Tradition to Modern Ways
Join us for this special deep-dive into Ukrainian mythology and magic! In this class, we will be led by Brooklyn-based instructor Anka Lavriv into the labyrinths of Ukrainian history, dipping our toes into the ancestral traditions and magic of this region, as well as divination practices.
Students will be introduced to several deities and spirits that inhabit animate landscapes and Carpathian Mountains, where old ways of life and traditions are still very much alive. Unique methods of divination will be explored and the possibilities of application with the modern landscape in mind. This class will close with learning to create traditional Oberegy (talismanic sachets) using symbolic sigils of embroidery, plant allies and the power of intention.
This is a LIVE digital class. A recording will be emailed to you after class that you can re-watch for 1 week! We will send more details shortly before the class.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About your instructor:
Anka Lavriv is a Brooklyn based, Ukrainian illustrator and a tattoo artist. Her work is heavily influenced by esoteric themes, Slavic mythology and exploring the unconscious.