04-25-2021 - The Medicine of the Moon from Body to Soul
About this Event
Once every month, we witness and celebrate the sacred swelling and illumination of the full moon in the darkness of the night sky. The moon (also known as la luna, lalin, lune) has been cherished by peoples and cultures across time, and has offered us her enduring lessons in reflection, rhythm, power and much more. In this knowledge-share, guided by spiritual herbalist and community organizer, Suhaly Bautista-Carolina of Moon Mother Apothecary, we practice one way to receive the light of the full moon (which will be transitioning into Scorpio during this workshop!) into our bodies, minds, hearts, and spirits.
Participants will engage in various modalities throughout the workshop, including:
- herbal medicine-making
Together we will weave these practices together to create a unique full moon ritual that aligns with your personal dreams and desires. Be sure to bring a notebook and pen to this workshop!
All registered participants will receive a digital workshop guide, which will include plant profiles, herbal medicine recipes, meditations, and additional moon resources and tools, as well as a link to video replay good for 7 days of viewing.
This is a LIVE digital event with a 7 day replay available to all registered participants. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- All workshops include live close captioning for the hard of hearing. Should you also require ASL interpretation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
About Your Instructor:
Suhaly Bautista-Carolina, Moon Mother, is an AfroQuisqueyan herbalist, artist, educator, and community organizer. Her work lives intentionally at the intersection of plant power and people power and is lovingly guided in collaboration with her community. In 2018, Suhaly founded Moon Mother Apothecary, an offering and practice powered by the spirit of the moon [Diosa Luna] and the traditional wisdom and knowledge of her ancestors. The Moon Mother has hosted plant medicine-making workshops with organizations including Gossamer, The Wing, Creative Time, Weeksville Heritage Center, The Museum of the City of New York, Ethel’s Club, The Highline, and Fotografiska. Her work has been featured in New York Times Magazine, Oprah Magazine, and Nylon among others.
Find Suhaly on instagram here.