04-17-2021 - Community Care: Herbal Aid for Resilience
Join us in a community centered class on building collective resilience and creating the worlds we wish to inhabit. In this class, we’ll be guided by instructor Levi Leigh Barringer in imagining the many forms the next world can take and how herbal mutual aid can help actualize them. Together we’ll explore plants and preparations for tapping into your magic and transforming your desires into action. In this class, students will learn basic principles of mutual aid, how to get involved with the work already happening, and ways to sustain long-term engagement with a praxis of community care. We’ll discuss how herbs can support us through burnout, boundaries, emotional resilience and radical collaboration. This class will cover physical and energetic aspects of plants & fungi through a seasonal, accessible lens and include some materia medica. Please plan to engage from a space that feels comfortable for the 2-hour duration of class with minimal distractions if possible.
All participants will receive a special PDF from Levi including recipes and guidance pertaining to this workshop, as well as a replay link!
- one plant whose medicine they’d like to call in during our time together, in whatever form feels good for them (tea, tincture, essence, smoke, seedling).
- a notebook + pen/pencil to take notes
* Please note that this is a LIVE digital event with a 1 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available for this class.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Levi Leigh Barringer (they/them) is a queer herbalist & visual creative residing on occupied Ohlone land. They craft slow plant medicine with ethically sourced ingredients from local farms & herb growers to help people reconnect with their own embodied wisdom. Levi operates through tenets of community care, accessibility, harm reduction and reciprocity with the earth and ancestors. They offer sliding scale consults that prioritize free & low cost medicine for Black people / QTPOC and justice oriented frameworks for botany & wildcrafting.
Find Levi on instagram here.