02-27-2021 - Adornment Magic: The Adaptable Power of Beauty
Have you ever wondered what the magical benefits of beauty could be? This adorment-focused gathering is for you. Every culture to ever grace this earth has made a point to practice beauty, and we still do now. Some have reflected the ideals of nature, others to aspect celestial realms. Some have been centered on color, others on bathing and grooming. How beauty as magic is practiced for you is entirely personal, though having a basic springboard to work with is helpful, especially as we continue to further lean into this new year. Reclaiming your original right to adornment is an essential aspect towards personal healing, growth and reverence. Turn up to this gathering adorned and dressed to impress in whatever way feels beautiful to you!
Each registered participant will receive access to a full replay good 7 days of viewing, as well as a PDF for class participants only containing a specialized adornment ritual.
In this workshop, we will cover:
- variations on adornment + beauty
- suggestions on beauty practice + application
- guilty pleasures - what are they?
- a brief history of beauty
- color magic
- healing from fear + invisibility
- safety charms + visibility spellwork
- enacting beauty throughout life
- shame banishment + recovery
- a journal to take notes
- a tarot or divination deck of your choice
- all your wonderful thoughts to share and questions to ask
This is a LIVE digital event with a 1 week replay video post class. Due to this, no refunds are available.
- This is a live workshop, with a recording available for 1 week sent out to all registered participants.
- All workshops include live close captioning for the hard of hearing. Should you also require ASL interpretation, please email us at email@example.com.
- Buying this course as a gift? Please include recipient’s email address during checkout.
- We use Zoom for online workshops - please have the app downloaded if using a phone.
- Enrollment is accepted up until the day of the event.
- All participants are responsible for sourcing their own materials for this workshop.
- Technical difficulties on the attendees end (sound issues, tardiness, wifi connection, video cut out, etc) do not entitle attendees to a refund. We recommend signing on 10 minutes early to sort out any issues.
- Seagrape does not offer guidance around computer or Zoom usage, though we do send out a link including instructions on how to use Zoom 24 hours prior to all workshops.
- Honor the privacy of others; what is said and shared in a workshop is not meant to share outside of the workshop except for what instructors give permission to share.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the instructor:
Sera Lindsey is the owner of SUNMOON, a writer, craftkeeper, animist and gentle witch of North African ancestry, exploring the intersection of old ways and new possibilities. Born in and adopted from Morocco, Sera now lives in the Pacific Northwest - Indigenous land of the Multnomah, Kathlamet, Clackamas, Wasco, Tumwater, Watlala bands of the Chinook, the Tualatin Kalapuya and many other Indigenous Nations of the Columbia River - while maintaining the ever growing connection to her ancestral heritage of North Africa. Find Sera on instagram at @witchs.sabbath and at @sunmooncult.